November 15, 2023 4:57 PM
The burn ban has been lifted for the City of Oak Ridge. As a reminder, burn permits are still required for outdoor burning.
Fire Chief Travis Solomon has lifted the burn ban for the City of Oak Ridge. As a reminder, burn permits are still required for outdoor burning. Issuance of burn permits is dependent on several factors including wind, humidity, cloud ceiling, and the presence of drought conditions. The battalion chief makes the daily determination regarding burn permits with these factors in mind. The lifted burn ban does not guarantee a burn permit will be issued. If prolonged dry weather conditions return, the burn ban may be reinstated.
If you decide to burn, we encourage you to do so safely:
• Obtain a burn permit before burning
• Leave plenty of distance between the fire and any structures
• Keep a water source nearby
• Attend to the fire until it is out
• Burn only brush or leaves, no trash or rubbish
Please call ORFD with any further questions at (865) 425-3520.