Waste Connections Convenience Center
The Convenience Center Will Be Closed for the Following Observed Holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
The Following Items Will Be Accepted at the Convenience Center:
- All household trash and recyclable items collected curbside
- Residential yard waste
- Automotive oil
- Lead-Acid batteries
Note: Hazardous materials are not accepted.
Preserve at Clinch River Residents (Formerly Rarity Ridge)
In addition to the services listed above, a convenience center is located on Gallaher Road (State Route 58), just east of the Preserve at Clinch River entrance. This convenience center is available to Roane County residents.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Wednesday and Sunday
Annual Pickup Programs
All schedules for annual pickup programs are typically advertised in local newspapers, in addition to being posted below.
Household Trash Pickup
- Scheduled bi-annually during the fall and spring
- Household trash, old appliances and minor remodeling materials will be picked up
- One pickup truck of material is allowed per residence (this is defined as one pickup truck load, or approximately 3 feet high by 4 feet wide by 8 feet long; approximately 100 cubic feet maximum)
- Materials should be placed near, but not beyond the curb
- Residents are required to keep all materials off sidewalks, parking areas and out of gutters at the street
- Scheduled annually during the spring (typically during the month of May)
- Tree limbs, as well as bagged yard clippings and leaves will be picked up
- City collection efforts will follow the proposed schedule as closely as possible, but may vary because of weather conditions and/or the amount of resident participation
Residents have always been very cooperative and we ask for your continued cooperation by following a few guidelines:
- All limbs should be placed near, but not beyond the curb. The butt end of the limb should be near the street. Keep all materials off sidewalks and out of on-street parking areas and gutters.
- Residents are asked to not place any brush at the curb more than one week prior to their scheduled pickup day in order to maintain the cleanliness of our City.
- Limb diameter should be no larger than three inches at any point (about the size of a softball).
- Yard clippings and leaves must be in plastic bags. It should be noted that yard waste in bags will be collected with your weekly scheduled trash pick-up throughout the year.
- Only one truckload of material per residence will be picked up. A truckload is defined as one pickup truck, or approximately 3 feet high by 4 feet wide by 8 feet long which is approximately 100 cubic feet, maximum.
- Crews will not pick-up piles that have brush or limbs mixed with rubbish or trash.
- All materials must be in place no later than 7:30 am on the scheduled pickup day, or it may not be picked up.
Please note that the proposed schedule is to be used as a general guide and can vary considerably from the actual schedule due to weather conditions, and/or the amount of resident participation. For more information or to inquire whether there are any delays or adjustments to the proposed schedule, please contact Waste Connections at 865-482-3656.
Leaf Pickup (Typically in the Fall)
Scheduled annually during the fall (begins the week of Thanksgiving)
- Leaves should be placed near, but not beyond the curb, outside of fenced areas
- Leaves should be free of tree branches and twigs as they can cause the leaf vacuums to clog up
- Leaves are not to be placed in the street to avoid clogging storm drains and traffic hazards
- Leaves in plastic bags will also be picked up at the curb during the scheduled program
- Only leaves will be collected during this program