Sealed Bids will be received by the City of Oak Ridge, Finance Department, until 2:00 p.m. (local time), Wednesday, August 6, 2014, and then publicly opened at the City of Oak Ridge, Central Services Complex, Materials Management Conference Room, located at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, TN for FY2015-149 Environmental Testing at 507 West Outer Drive per the specifications provided by the City of Oak Ridge, Community Development Department.
The City of Oak Ridge will receive separate sealed BIDS for the construction of the New Equalization Basins Project, Contracts A and B. Bids will be received by the Finance Department, c/o Lyn Majeski, City of Oak Ridge, 100 Woodbury Lane, Post Office Box 1, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, 37831-0001 until 11:00 a.m. (Local time), August 7, 2014, and, then, at said time, they will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after that time will be returned unopened.
WORK COVERED BY CONTRACT "A" DOCUMENTS
A. The work covered by Contract "A" comprises Equalization Basins to be constructed for the City of Oak Ridge. Work includes, but may not be limited to, the following major components:
1. Construction of 2.0 MG East Plant Equalization Basin and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functional facility.
2. Construction of 2.0 MG Emory Valley Equalization Basin and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functional facility.
3. Construction of 1.0 MG Scarboro Lane Equalization Basin and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functioning facility.
4. Piping, electrical, grading, drainage, and erosion and sediment control.
WORK COVERED BY CONTRACT "B" DOCUMENTS
A. The work covered by Contract "B" comprises Equalization Basin appurtenances to be constructed for the City of Oak Ridge. Work includes, but may not be limited to, the following major components.
1. Construction of civil, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation for the 2.0 MG East Plant Equalization Basin, and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functional facility.
2. Construction of civil, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation for the 2.0 MG Emory Valley Equalization Basin, and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functional facility.
3. Construction of civil, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation for the 1.0 MG Scarboro Lane Equalization Basin, and all necessary supporting work to form a complete functional facility.
4. Final site grading, drainage, fencing, paving and other necessary supporting work to form a complete, functional facility.
All regulations and requirements of the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation must be followed in construction of the various components of the project.
The information for Bidders, Bid Forms; Form of Agreement; Drawings; Specifications information; Bid Bond, Performance Bond, and Payment Bond Information; and other CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the following locations:
Copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the office of Lamar Dunn & Associates, Inc. located at 3305 Maloney Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920 upon payment of two hundred ($200.00) dollars for each set. Refunds of one hundred ($100.00) dollars will be made to bidders only, returning plans in an undamaged condition within fourteen (14) days after BID opening. Bids will be accepted from contractors obtaining the Contract Documents from the Issuing Office only.
Bid Security in the amount of ten (10%) percent of the Bid must accompany each Bid. No bid may be withdrawn within ninety (90) days after the scheduled closing time for receipt of Bids.
This project is being funded by a State Revolving Fund loan from FY 2010 (or later) EPA Capitalization Grant Funds. The loan recipient must be in compliance with all applicable Davis-Bacon Act requirements.
Any contract or contracts awarded by the Owner through this invitation for bids will be funded by a State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan from the State of Tennessee. State and Federal funds will be involved in this project, and, as a result, Bidders must comply with the SRF Loan Program’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) requirements including contacting a minimum of 10 qualified DBE sub-contractors, professional service providers, vendors, and/or suppliers by certified mail to solicit bids. The apparent successful Bidder must submit to the Owner copies of the certified letters and return receipts with the bid package. Neither the State of Tennessee nor any of its departments, agencies, or employees is/or will be a party to this Invitation for Bids or any resulting contract(s) awarded by the Owner.
All qualified Disadvantaged Business enterprises (DBE) firms desiring to bid as a General Contractor, sub-contractor, professional service provider, supplier, or equipment vendor are encouraged to contact Ms. Marilyn Robinson at the Nashville Minority Business Center office listed above to review bidding/contract documents. Qualified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) firms may also contact Steve Bostic, P.E., email@example.com, Lamar Dunn & Associates, Inc., - 3305 Maloney Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, (865) 573-7672 in order to obtain a list of prospective bidding General Contractors or to obtain copies of bidding/contract documents.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, to waive irregularities in the Bids, and to determine the lowest responsible Bidder.
All Bidders must be licensed Contractors as required by the Contractor's Licensing Act of 1994 (Latest revision). Bidder's name, address, license number, expiration date and that part of classification which applies to the Project(s) and the name, address and licensing information for Plumbing, HVAC, Masonry and Electrical Contractors must be on the sealed envelope containing the executed Bid Proposal. All required items must be listed, with any item(s) that are not applicable to the Project in accordance with the Regulations to be marked "not applicable to this project".
In compliance with the act, sealed envelopes will not be opened unless all required information is properly displayed. Contractors must comply with all "Drug-Free Requirements". All Bidders must comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
1. A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held on July 24, 2014, at 10:00 a.m (Local time), in the Conference Room of the City's Central Services Complex at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
2. Questions should be directed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions will be answered by issue of an addendum. The cut-off for questions will be on July 31, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. (Local time). No questions received after the cut-off date and time will be answered.
3. Time allotted for construction is 300 days (Contract A) and 270 days (Contract B).