Sealed Bids will be received by the City of Oak Ridge, TN, at their offices in the Central Services Complex at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, until 2:00 P.M., April 30, 2014 and opened publicly at Central Services Complex at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, TN 37830 at that hour. The reading of the bids will begin at 2:00 P.M.
The Project consists of:
(1) milling / removal of existing asphalt pavement, curbing, and sidewalk,
(2) asphalt paving, curb & gutter construction, and sidewalk construction,
(3) pavement markings, signage, and incidental improvements,
(4) constructing an interactive fountain, including utility installation,
(5) landscaping, lighting, and ancillary site improvements.
PROPOSAL CONTRACTS WILL BE ISSUED UNTIL THE TIME SET FOR OPENING BIDS
A Prime Contractor must prequalify with the Department of Transportation in accordance with Section 54-5-117 of the “Tennessee Code Annotated” and Tennessee Department of Transportation Rule 1680-5-3 prequalification of contractors before biddable proposals will be furnished.
The City of Oak Ridge, TN hereby notifies all bidders that a _10___% Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) goal has been set for this project and must be met or exceeded. All DBE firms must be TNUCP certified (a listing of these firms can be found on TDOT's Small Business Development website) and pre-qualified by the TDOT Construction Division as stated in the Local Government Guidelines Manual.
The City of Oak Ridge, TN hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively insure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation, and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability in consideration for an award.
The City of Oak Ridge, TN is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, drug-free with policies of non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or military service.
Telephone 865-425-1875 City of Oak Ridge
Bidding documents and information, and plans, may be obtained by contacting Vaughn & Melton Consulting Engineers, Inc. located at 1909 Ailor Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37921, upon non-refundable payment of $75.00 for each set of paper documents. Electronic copies of the document set are available at non-refundable payment of $50.00. Bidding Documents may be requested by phone (865-546-5800) or email email@example.com .
Sealed Bids will be received by the City of Oak Ridge, Finance Department, until 2:30 p.m. (local time), Tuesday, May 6, 2014 and then publicly opened at the City of Oak Ridge, Central Services Complex, Materials Management Conference Room, located at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, TN for Contract Number FY2014-144, Fire Station #3 Ceiling Removal and Installation of Insulation and new Ceiling per the specifications provided by the City of Oak Ridge, Fire Department.
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference & Site Visit will begin at 10:00 a.m. (local time), Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at Fire Station #3, located at 333 Tuskegee Drive.
1. Lining of approximately 21,500 linear feet of existing gravity sewers by the cured-in-place method.
2. Replacement of approximately 4,200 linear feet of existing gravity sewers by the pipe bursting method.
3. Installation of approximately 75 LF of new 8” and 10” PVC gravity sewer.
4. Installation of approximately 130 LF of 20” DIP gravity sewer, 65 LF of which is by jack and bore method.
5. Construction of approximately 20 point repairs of existing gravity sewers.
6. Installation of approximately 6 new manholes with frames and covers.
7. Installation of approximately 100 manhole frames and covers.
8. Rehabilitation of approximately 4,100 vertical feet of existing 4’ and 5’ diameter sanitary sewer manholes with cementitious lining.
9. Rehabilitation of approximately 150 vertical feet of existing 5’ diameter sanitary sewer manholes with polymer lining.
10. Associated service connections and appurtenances to the main project.
Alternate Bid: Additional Items
1. Lining of an additional approximately 3,300 linear feet of existing gravity sewers by cured-in-place method.
2. Rehabilitation of an additional approximately 300 vertical feet of existing 5’ diameter sanitary sewer manholes with polymer lining.
The allotted time for construction is 210 calendar days.
The information for Bidders, Bid Form; Form of Agreement; Drawings; Specifications information; Bid Bond, Performance Bond, and Payment Bond Information; and other CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be examined at the following locations:
Copies of the CONTRACT DOCUMENTS may be obtained at the office of Lamar Dunn & Associates, Inc. located at 3305 Maloney Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920 upon payment of two hundred ($200.00) dollars for each set. Refunds of one hundred ($100.00) dollars will be made to bidders only, returning plans in an undamaged condition within fourteen (14) days after BID opening. Bids will be accepted from contractors obtaining the Contract Documents from the Issuing Office only.
Davis-Bacon Act Requirements:
This project is being funded by a State Revolving Fund loan from FY 2010 (or later) EPA Capitalization Grant Funds. The loan recipient must be in compliance with all applicable Davis-Bacon Act requirements.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Requirements:
Any contract or contracts awarded by the Owner through this invitation for bids will be funded by a State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan from the State of Tennessee. State and Federal funds will be involved in this project, and, as a result, Bidders must comply with the SRF Loan Program’s Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) requirements including contacting a minimum of 10 qualified DBE sub-contractors, professional service providers, vendors, and/or suppliers by certified mail to solicit bids. The apparent successful Bidder must submit to the Owner copies of the certified letters and return receipts with the bid package. Neither the State of Tennessee nor any of its departments, agencies, or employees is/or will be a party to this Invitation for Bids or any resulting contract(s) awarded by the Owner.
Special Notice to Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) Requirements:
All qualified Disadvantaged Business enterprises (DBE) firms desiring to bid as a General Contractor, sub-contractor, professional service provider, supplier, or equipment vendor are encouraged to contact Ms. Marilyn Robinson at the Nashville Minority Business Center office listed above to review bidding/contract documents. Qualified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) firms may also contact Greg Jones, P.E., firstname.lastname@example.org, Lamar Dunn & Associates, Inc., - 3305 Maloney Road, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, (865) 573-7672 in order to obtain a list of prospective bidding General Contractors or to obtain copies of bidding/contract documents.
The Owner reserves the right to reject any and all Bids, to waive irregularities in the Bids, and to determine the lowest responsible Bidder.
All Bidders must be licensed Contractors as required by the Contractor's Licensing Act of 1994 (Latest revision). Bidder's name, address, license number, expiration date and that part of classification which applies to the Project(s) and the name, address and licensing information for Plumbing, HVAC, Masonry and Electrical Contractors must be on the sealed envelope containing the executed Bid Proposal. All required items must be listed, with any item(s) that are not applicable to the Project in accordance with the Regulations to be marked "not applicable to this project".
In compliance with the act, sealed envelopes will not be opened unless all required information is properly displayed. Contractors must comply with all "Drug-Free Requirements". All Bidders must comply with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
1. A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held at 2:00 p.m (Local time), April 16, 2014, in the Conference Room of the City's Central Services Complex at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
2. Reference Section 00100, Page 00100-2, Article 3 for List of Pre-Qualified Sewer Line Rehab Systems.
3. Questions should be directed in writing to email@example.com. All questions will be answered by issue of an addendum. The cut-off for questions will be on Friday April 18, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. (Local time). No questions received after the cut-off date and time will be answered.
Sealed Bids will be received, only from Pre-Qualified Bidders, by the City of Oak Ridge, Finance Department, until 11:00 a.m. (local time), Thursday, May 8, 2014, and then publicly opened at the City of Oak Ridge, Central Services Complex, Materials Management Conference Room, located at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge, TN for FY2015-004 Modification and Re-Painting of ETTP K-1530 2.5 MG Water Storage Tank per the specifications provided by the City of Oak Ridge.
A mandatory Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit will be held at 11:00 a.m. local time, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at the East Tennessee Technology Park Water Plant located at 1549 Bear Creek Road, Building 1515, Oak Ridge, TN.PDF File: FY2015-004 Invitation to Bid PDF File: 2015-004 Technical Specifications