City of Oak Ridge Outdoor Pool opening June 15 with COVID-19 changes
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (May 22, 2020) – The City of Oak Ridge will reopen its outdoor pool for the season beginning June 15 with some COVID-sensitive measures.
The main pool will be open and the little pool for children will remain closed for the summer. Since the pool water is being treated with chlorine, a disinfectant that wipes out the virus, the main focus will be following social distancing and repeatedly sanitizing commonly used areas.
The following changes to attendance will be in effect:
· Because we are allowing up to 200 people in the pool area at one time, reservations can be made online on Eventbrite in order to avoid the handling and exchange of cash. Ticketed visitors can then show their proof of reservation with a QR code at entry (this can be printed or shown on a mobile device)
· When reservations are being made, visitors will be asked to select a time period they wish to reserve: 12 to 2 p.m., 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., or 5 to 7 p.m.
· Ticket prices remain the same ($4.25 adults, $3.50 for youth, and $2.50 for seniors over 65), but Eventbrite will add a small convenience fee for their service. There will be no refunds and no rain checks
The following health safety precautions will be taken at the pool area:
· Families of 5 or less will be assigned a 10 by 10 square-foot area in the lawn surrounding the pool that will be spaced 6 feet apart from other squares. If a family has more than 5 people, they will be issued a second square
· Please come already dressed in your swimsuit because dressing rooms and showers will not be open to the public; restrooms will be open
· Staff will clean the pool and pool areas throughout the 2-hour time slot and will conduct a deep clean in the 30-minute window between sessions, when the pool area is completely emptied out
· No public or private pool parties will be allowed. The picnic table area will also be closed
Swimming lessons are canceled until further notice. The indoor pool at the Civic Center will remain closed through the summer. Public parking will be available at Oak Ridge High School and signage will be posted to direct drivers.
For further information, please call the Recreation and Parks Department at (865) 425-3450.