Changes to Oak Ridge Recreation & Parks Summer Camp 2020 due to COVID-19
OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (April 27, 2020) – There will be some changes in place at the 2020 Oak Ridge Recreation & Parks Department Summer Camp to keep everyone healthy and safe amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Registration is open now to children between the ages of 6 and 11. Due to space and staffing restrictions, teen camp will not be offered this year.
Camp will begin on Monday, June 1, 2020, and continue for eight weeks, ending on Friday, July 24. There will be no camp on Friday, July 3 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
Extra precautions will be taken due to the novel coronavirus outbreak:
· Campers will be placed in groups of eight, with a counselor assigned to each group
· Groups will be spread out through the Civic Center to ensure small groups and social distancing
· Because the camp will occupy the entire building, the building will be closed to the general public during camp hours
· Each group will have assigned equipment for crafts, games and activities
· Campers will begin the week by creating their own masks as a craft project
· All surfaces and equipment will be routinely sanitized throughout the day
· Campers (and staff) will be required to take frequent hand-washing breaks
· Field trips may be limited or canceled depending upon current circumstances. If field trips are permitted, transportation will be arranged to ensure small groups and social distancing protocols are maintained
Detailed registration information can be found online at orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov. Registration can be completed online or through a mail-in form available on the website. Walk-in registration at the Oak Ridge Civic Center is not available at this time due to the temporary closure of the building.
For more information, call the Recreation Center front desk at (865) 425-3450 or visit orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov.