The public health situation is
rapidly changing, here are the latest updates affecting city facilities.
The City of Oak Ridge is supporting the “Tennessee Pledge” efforts by the state government. Please refer to State of Tennessee websites for updates and advice on precautions to be taken by
City facilities will continue to be operated as below as precautions and security matters are considered for the safety of our employees and “social distancing” for our customers. Visitors may receive a temperature scan and inquiry about current health. Please call the City Manager’s office or
department offices on the City’s website for further information.
• Doors have been installed in the building, limiting access to several departments without an appointment.• Public access to the Municipal Building is restricted to the north entrance near the courtroom (labeled Court Public Safety), the Utility Business Office and Community Development permit window, and the entrance near the City Clerk’s office on the south side of the building, which is for handicap-access only. For handicap access, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (865) 425-3411.• At the Court Public Safety entrance, visitors can check in for their scheduled appointments to be escorted to secured areas of the building.
• Click here for more information on how curbside pickup operates
• Click here for the digital library card application
City of Oak Ridge - City CourtsP.O. Box 1Oak Ridge, TN 37831
• August 3 – 7: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., shallow end only• August 5 & 7: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., whole pool• August 8 & 9: 12 to 6 p.m., whole pool (final weekend)• There will be no puppy pool party this year
• The Recreation Center will reopen on Monday, Aug. 10 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., primarily for room rentals. We are working on a plan to begin offering some classes that can be done safely (art, etc.). The gym will remain closed to free play at this time.• The Scarboro Center will reopen on Monday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., also primarily for room rentals. There will be a limited number of computers available in the computer lab. The gym is closed to free play at this time. The ping pong table is available in the game room.• The indoor pool will reopen on Monday, Aug. 10. Click here to view the schedule for various rental groups and open lap times or visit orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov/indoor-pool/facilities/. Bathrooms will be available, but locker rooms will remain closed.
• The Baseball Complex• Big Turtle Park• Carl Yearwood Park• Melton Lake Park
• The beverage cart is running more often to serve our customers in the open environment and encouraging distancing by not having to enter the clubhouse for their food and beverage needs.