The public health situation is
rapidly changing, here are the latest updates affecting city facilities.
City officials strongly urge citizens to conduct their business over the phone and by mail whenever possible.
The City of Oak Ridge is supporting the “Tennessee Pledge” efforts by the state government. Please refer to State of Tennessee websites for updates and advice on precautions to be taken by
City facilities will continue to be operated as below as precautions and security matters are considered for the safety of our employees and “social distancing” for our customers. Visitors may receive a temperature scan and inquiry about current health. Please call the City Manager’s office or
department offices on the City’s website for further information.
• Secured, badge-only areas of the Municipal
Building are in effect; only City staff can access the majority of City
departments.• Public access to the Municipal Building is restricted to the north entrance near the courtroom (labeled Court Public Safety), the Utility Business Office and Community Development permit window, and the entrance near the City Clerk’s office on the south side of the building, which is for handicap access only. For handicap access, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (865) 425-3411.• At the Court Public Safety entrance, visitors can check in for their scheduled appointments to be escorted to secured areas of the building.• Masks are required to enter the building.
- Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.- Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
City of Oak Ridge - City CourtsP.O. Box 1Oak Ridge, TN 37831
• Participants and staff are required to wear face masks and follow social distancing standards while in the building.• Upon entry, all participants will be asked COVID-19 screening questions and temperatures will be checked.• Those who have COVID-19 symptoms are not permitted to participate in programs.• Each participant is required to fill out new information and release forms when they return to the building for the first time
• The Recreation Room is available for pool or ping pong in one-hour increments, with a limit of ten players at any one time.• The exercise room is open to schedule 45-minute sessions.• Equipment use is limited to one machine per person per session and no more than 3 participants are allowed in the room at a time.
• This will include help using smartphones, laptops, and other devices as well as guidance on the use of social media and conferencing applications (such as Zoom).
• Click here to view the schedule for various rental groups and open lap times or visit orrecparks.oakridgetn.gov/indoor-pool/facilities/. Private pool parties and group/club outings are unavailable at this time.• COVID-19 protocols are in place and capacity limits will be enforced. Locker rooms are unavailable at this time.
• Masks are required in all areas (staff and the public). Patrons’ temperatures will be taken as they enter. Staff will inquire about COVID-19 symptoms/exposure (per current building postings). Areas will be sanitized by staff after each use. Numbers in each area of the buildings will be limited based on safety protocols. Call (865) 425-3450 for specific room limits.
• The beverage cart is running more often to serve our customers in the open environment and encouraging distancing by not having to enter the clubhouse for their food and beverage needs.